Sunday 30 December 2007

(My) Best Albums of 2007

Disclaimer: This list only represents music I've listened to, which is naturally quite a small subset of all the music actually released.

1. The National - Boxer
2. Battles - Mirrored
3. Maxïmo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures
4. LCD Soundsystem - 45:33
5. Editors - An End Has A Start
6. Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
7. Paramore - Riot!
8. Digitalism - Idealism
9. Fountains of Wayne - Traffic and Weather
10. Efterklang - Parades
11. Bruce Springsteen - Magic
12. Justice -
13. The Wombats - A Guide to Love, Loss and Desperation
14. (Broken Social Scene Presents:) Kevin Drew - Spirit If ...
15. Foo Fighters - Echoes Silence Patience & Grace

A few things might be higher or lower if I'd listened to them more (in particular Foo Fighters might be higher). I was going to do a little write up for each but that got too tedious, so if you have any questions about a specific one, just ask me. The Twilight Sad, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and the other LCD Soundsystem album are the runners up.

Bands whose albums I wish had either been better, had lived up to the hype or were good, but not as good as their last album include !!!, Deerhoof, The White Stripes, Arcade Fire, M.I.A., Feist, Simian Mobile Disco and Patrick Wolf.

People I'd meant to listen to but either never got around to, couldn't get my hands on their album or just plain forgot about include The Eagles, Gabriel Ananda, The Pax Cecilia, Noisettes and Videohippos. Any others I should have listened to?

My best songs list to follow later.

No comments: